The production of a screed or subfloor can be done in different ways. For manual production, the materials are transported to the construction site separately and processed directly on site. At the construction site, it becomes necessary to have a power source to operate the dedicated machine. The materials are dosed manually, with the risk that homogeneity is not guaranteed.
Otherwise, if a concrete mixer is used, the product is made directly in the machine. Pumping tools are carried separately.
Automatic mixing and pumping systems to produce screeds and substrates
A third option is automatic mixing and pumping systems to produce screeds and substrates. This is a quick, simple, reliable, innovative and practical solution.
Overmat plants are used for:
- produce screeds (sand-concrete and self-levelling)
- produce lightened substrates (with polystyrene and aerated concrete)
- dose, mix and pump the product directly on site
The systems are installed on a truck or semi-trailer and arrive on site already loaded with all the materials and tools needed for the work. The operator uses the dedicated panel to dose the materials and supply the right quantities before mixing.
A conveyor belt extracts the aggregates. Binders by means of a screw and liquids are dosed. The system mixes the materials inside the machine and pumps them directly to the laying surface. At the end of the job site, a production slipcase can be printed (by means of a printer integrated in the operator panel) with an indication of the quantities used.
How the system is used to produce screeds and self-levelling materials
The system is simple and intuitive. Even in the case of very large areas to be built, the machine can be reloaded with the necessary materials directly on site. The cement is reloaded through pneumatic loading pipes or through a special opening located above the plant. If the sand compartment needs to be recharged, it can be filled with a big bag, or with a loader, on the vehicle itself or trailer.
The use of a tool such as the OVERMAT screed and subfloor mixer has a number of advantages both in the short and long term.
- The construction site set-up is immediate, as the machine is already operational.
- The product is dosed and pumped continuously, with a high production capacity (for example up to 6 cubic metres per hour for the traditional sand-cement screed) and a consequent reduction in working times.
- The machine is easily manoeuvrable even in confined spaces, such as in urban centres or in places that are difficult to access.
- Its structure is specially designed to reduce overall dimensions to a minimum, while maintaining stability both on the road and during work.
- Last but not least is its high hourly productivity, which will enable you to increase the number of orders placed per day, all to the benefit of higher earnings.